The Upper Sava Valley is a very diverse area and offers plenty of opportunities for recreation, visiting natural and cultural sights or simply retreating to the silence of the mighty mountains and ctrystal-clear waters.
We invite you to:
- take a walk along the Sava Dolinka River or to the Martuljek waterfalls
- sclimb the Vošca peak or the Jasenje glade under the Špik mountain,
- admire the mighty Peričnik waterfall and the magic of the Jasna Lake,
- go back to the time when the road across the Vršič pass was built and the time when the valley was still connected by railway,
- look into the shoes of the Planica Eagles and feel the mighty ski jump constructed by the Gorišek brothers,
- try your hand at climbing on well-maintained climbing routes in Mojstrana and Gozd Martuljek,
- visit the Slovenian Mountain Museum and peek behind the scenes of our brave and famous mountaineers,
- take a walk through the village centres of Podkoren, Rateče, Kranjska Gora, Dovje and Mojstrana and observe the buildings and small architectural elements that speak of the age of houses and the life of people in the past and today.
These are just a few tips. Enjoy in discovering the beauties of the valley. Everyone can find your own favorite corner and save it in your heart as an important place where you will want to return again and again.